Australian Women Lawyers Limited ACN080 044 800 (AWL) was established on 9 September 1997, in Melbourne, Victoria. AWL is incorporated under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and is a company limited by guarantee.
For a consolidated version of AWL's Constitution refer to the document attached below.
AWL is governed by a board of directors comprising representatives from each State and Territory women lawyers association. Click here for further details about AWL's board members.
The objects of AWL are to:
1. achieve justice and equality for all women;
2. further understanding and support for the legal rights of all women;
3. identify, highlight and eradicate discrimination against women inherent in the legal system and in the community generally;
4. advance equality for women in the legal profession;
5. create and enhance awareness of women's contribution to the practice and development of law; and
6. provide a professional and social network for women lawyers.
AWL's Patron is the Chief Justice of the Family Court of Australia, The Hon Diana Bryant AO QC.
|File Description||Download File|
|AWL_Constitution_-_FINAL_-03-10-14.pdf (195 KB, pdf)|